Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It cannot be helped

So, I was one of the 60,000 people affected by the volcano ash chaos. Basically, yesterday my family and I went to the airport at 5am only to be told our flight was cancelled and we wouldn’t be able to get to Hamilton Island until Friday. And of course, knowing our luck, it was the ONLY day Virgin decided not to fly.



The way everything was handled was pretty shit. I think things could have been run a lot smoother. My holiday to Hamilton Island is now postponed until October. We are hopefully going to Melbourne on Saturday, but knowing our luck, that one will probably get cancelled as well!


I guess I realised that some things just can’t be controlled. I had absolutely no power over what happened yesterday. Instead of staying angry at everybody, after a good sleep I just moved on and accepted it, and then made the most of the situation.


There are lots of things I won’t be able to control in my life. But if I want to make my life worthwhile, I have to make the most of what I am able to control. I have to get rid of my anxiety and go do whatever the hell I feel like! Not make ridiculous, OCD-like lists that I compulsively slave over and stick to. I should just go with the flow and see what happens :) Go have some fun!


Good or bad, an experience is an experience, and I think whatever I go through in life, it will help me develop as a person.


“Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch you habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”





No comments:

Post a Comment