Wednesday, March 30, 2011

That's right, I read books.

I find it frustrating sometimes when I try to have a conversation with someone about what they have recently read or what they are currently reading, and they say "I don't read."
I mean seriously?

Of course there is no obligation for people to read books, but people have taken the time to write books, they have a right to be read.

Some books have changed my perspective on life. Others have given me light hearted entertainment. Reading itself gives me some emotional relief.

But that's just me. I do tell people they should try reading and suggest books to them, but they reply with "I have no time." That night I see them on Facebook. Whilst I'm on Facebook, and I still manage 2 hours of study and 100 pages a night.

UGH. whatever. Books are amazing, read them or not if you want, it's your choice.

Here's the list of the books I've read this year:
1. Beautiful Malice - Rebecca James
2. 13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher
3. Paper Towns - John Green
4. Purge - Sarah Darer Littman
5. Such A Pretty Girl - Laura Wiess
6. Crank - Ellen Hopkins
7. Glass - Ellen Hopkins
8. Burned - Ellen Hopkins
9. The Burmudez Triangle - Maureen Johnson
10. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
11. Being - Kevin Brooks
12. I Was a Teenage Fairy - Francesca Lia Block
13. Private - Kate Brian
14. The Alchemyst - Michael Scott
15. An Abundance of Katherine's - John Green
16. Sweethearts - Sara Zarr
17. 20 Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
18. Wings - Aprilynne Pike
19. Truth - Peter Temple
20. Allies of the Night - Darren Shan
21. Girl Interrupted - Susana Keysen
22. The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong
23. Captivate - Carrie Jones
24. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

And I'm currently reading Loathing Lola by William Kostakis.
My goal at the beginning of the year was to read 50 books, but I think I'm going to pass that easily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment