Saturday, April 2, 2011

I love names.

For as long as I can remember, I've been obsessed with names. I just love names so much that every Saturday my mum and I read the birth notices and discuss all the new born names. Here are the names from yesterday's paper and my thoughts on them. I also like determining if their names go with the names of their siblings.

Hugh William - Both names are nice, Hugh is becoming pretty popular lately. 8/10. Has a brother named Evan, Hugh and Evan go nicely together.

Charlotte Isabelle - I absolutely adore both of these names. Even though they are both very popular, they are simplistic and beautiful. 9/10

Abby Suzanne Elizabeth - I have this thing where for most names I can't stand it if the parents have named them a nickname as their full name, such as Abby. Not the biggest of fans of either nicknames, but I get the feeling that there is some sort of family meaning behind them. 6.5/10

William Alexander - Both names are great, would have preferred Alexander William, but it is still a fantastic combo. 8.5/10

Riley Peter - I'm not a fan of the name Riley, but I love the name Peter. 7/10

Charlie Frederick - This is a name in which I can tolerate it being a nickname as the first name. The name Charlie has become really popular lately and I adore it. I'm not a very big fan of Frederick though, so that brings my rating down a bit. 8/10

James Alexander - A classic and beautiful name. 8.5/10 Brother for Amy and Benjamin. Amy, Benajmin and James go very nicely together :)

Hudson Richard - I went through a phase really liking the name Hudson, but I have recently fallen out of that phase. It's a bit too out there for me. 6.5/10

James Kenneth  - I like it, but it's nothing spectacular. 7/10 Brother for Alex and Mikayla. Not a fan of the family combo much.

Estelle Lucia - Oh how I wish this name was Estella! I don't particulary like either names, but it does sound rather pretty. 6.5/10

Isabella Kronhoej - First off, I adore the name Isabella. I figure Kronhoej has some sort of family meaning. 8/10

Cameron Elliot - Like Cameron, but not really Elliot. Both are pretty decent name though. 7.5/10

Zachary Laurence - I really don't like either names. 4/10

And that's it! There are usually more names, but there was still a bit to work with :)
My top boy and girl names were:
William Alexander and Charlotte Isabelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment