Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dessen's done it again

So wow, I just finished Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen.

As usual, Dessen addresses many teen issues within the book. Love, pressure, relationships, family issues, etc. My English teacher today told me that she reads a Dessen book to get some time out of life for herself. This is what Dessen does, her books fully engross you and you literally can't put them down until you finish.

In this particular book, Ruby Cooper (17) has been abandonned by her mother and sent to live with her sister who she hasn't seen or heard from in roughly 10 years. Her sister Cora (now rich, a lawyer and married) has fought to have custody over Ruby.

Through the relationships she forms, Ruby learns to accept help and love people. The walls fall down and she becomes a beautiful person.

I loved this book so much. I love Sarah Dessen so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment