Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bullshit.

Being at school and now being the brightest or most organised of students, I have learnt the magic art of 'bullshitting' my way through tests when I don't know an answer. I mean, it can only work to an extent, and I have to have basic background of the topic (unless it's multiple choice, then I usually take an educated guess.) But the amount of times I have made something up that sounds semi right that I have earnt marks for on a test have been endless. I do well in school. Not the best - that's Steph for sure, but I do well.


But I now find myself in the situation where I can't really crap on about nothing. Being in year 11 now, everything that is assessed is marked down, and everything that is marked down goes towards our end of year results. And I really want to do well! So I've studied. I study for at least an hour a night, and sometimes up to 3. I have this in class essay tomorrow (which I have studied for), but still I don't feel as though I'm going to do well. In class essays are my most hated of assessments to complete as I seem to rush to get all my points down and never elaborate as much as I would like to.


I just want to do well. But I stress so much over remembering all my points and my quotes and rush so much during the time to get all my points down that the essay always relates poorly to the writing that I can do in my spare time. In my last in class essay I go an A-. I'm hoping to stay at that benchmark...I don't feel confident enough to say that I want an A, because right now it really doesn't seem achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment