Saturday, April 9, 2011

No One Deserves To Be Bullied.

So I read a book yesterday. It was quite old, but a message still got through to me.
Bullying can happen in a number of ways. It may not always be visible, and sometimes it may be so subtle that you don't even realise it's happening. It can lead to depression and thoughts of suicide, and in extreme cases, actual suicide. Just thinking about what people have gone through, through bullying depresses me. But instead of being depressed about it, I've decided I should do something about it. I've decided to start off with writing this blog post and creating a page on facebook.

I've been bullied, and it wasn't even severe, but it hurt. I was bullied only minimally and I felt so hurt, I hate to think how others feel who have been bullied much worse than me.

"Sticks and stones may break you bones, but words will never hurt you."

I believe that this quote is only true if you don't let the words hurt you.
But it's so hard to not let it hurt you.

The book I read was What's Your Problem? by Sherry Ashworth


No comments:

Post a Comment