Sunday, July 17, 2011

I believe in fairies.

The other day whilst walking through my beautiful school, I walked through the junior school during their lunch break. I stopped for a bit and observed the small kids, their behaviours and language. Well really, it was more squealing than actual dialogue. At my school, there are kind of two separate parts of the school where the junior school play. Which I understand, as the age range is from 4 to 12.

When I walked through the other day, I saw some beautiful things. I saw grade 6's playing jumprope with younger girls, children playing make believe fairy games and others on swings and monkey bars, with not a care in the world. The world in which children live in should be magical. We shouldn't crush their hopes and dreams.

Watching these kids play with invisible fairies made me feel so happy and optimistic, like anything is possible. I thought I wasn't like that when I was little, that I didn't have much of an imagination. But after thinking more about it, I realised I did and it was huge. I was the instigator in my group of friends, I would lead and we would make up incredible stories, of pirates, fairies and all things in between.

I don't know where that imagination has gone now, but it's nice to know and remember that I had it once. And hey, maybe I still DO believe in fairies ;)



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment