Sunday, October 3, 2010

Free Stuff

With the pleasant weather upon us, I have taken the time to go out into the sun and appreciate the happiness it brings. The sun makes me feel strong, pleasant and satisfied. Although I feel more depressed in the cold weather, I strangely like it and even welcome it sometimes.

This weekend has taught me the value of what the world offers us for free. Most weekends I spend either in town or at the markets with my friends. But this weekend I spent with my sister at the beach, park and my school fair. It showed me how much happiness a change in my life can bring as I would not normally choose the park over shopping and I wouldn't choose either to go with my sister. But I feel happier now on a Sunday night than I have in a long time.

What I'm trying to say is that there are so many free things out there that I can honestly say I take for granted. Changing up my weekend was the perfect way to reflect on my life right now and gave me some peace. It was also a lot cheaper and I got more exercise from walking to and from places.

Next weekend we are planning as a family to go to my shack. In the past I have regretted this because there is no internet, telephone or indoor bathroom. But this time I'm going to embrace what the shack offers and appreciate where I live in the world. I will post pictures next week :)



Christmas 2007 at my shack
Duck of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment