Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Things Are Changing

I hadn't really considered trying to drastically change my life before. Sure, I've thought and dreamed about how I'd like my life to be, but I've stupidly never done anything about it. I do lack motivation and can only blame myself for changes not already have been made. I have to stop expecting people to make changes for me and look after my own life for once. Of course, I love helping people and being there for them, but I need to know when to withdraw and give myself some 'me' time. If I spend too much time with people who are down, no doubt, it's probably going to have a negative effect on my own life.

For so long I've gotten upset about things in my life, and it's only just come to my realisation, that I can actually do a lot about these things. I admit, there are many things that I don't have control over, but I at least owe it to myself and my happiness to try and make changes in my life where things are bringing me down, that I do have control over. I figure it'll be easiest to start with making small changes and not pressuring myself to forcefully apply them (so what if I slip up once in a while? It's my life). I can't punish myself for not following my changes everyday, because I'm not perfect, and chances are I'm going to slip up.

I don't have an ideal picture for how I want my life to turn out. I fear that if I create a 'perfect' goal for myself and strive towards it, I may restrict myself from experiencing different opportunities. So instead, I would like to have a few goals for myself that aren't as restricting and that I am willing to change.

I've already made a few changes, and am excited to see the outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment