Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inner Debates with Myself.

So, I can't sleep.
Every night I toss and turn, and toss and turn, and toss and turn.

This happens because my thoughts are literally in overdrive. Every night I go to bed and try to get straight to sleep. But a good 10 minutes later, I will in the middle of an in depth discussion with myself. I've been told to try and right my 'worries' down before I go to sleep, so that instead of worrying about them - they'll be written down and dealt with the following day. And yeah, sometimes that helps if I'm worrying about something. But mostly I'm not!

I tend to have debates with myself over completely random things. Last night it was faith and Christianity. I have to fully weigh up both sides the debate - in last night's case, believers and non-believers. I then think about why they believe or don't believe, what benefits they get out of their desicion and how they go about being a believer or non-believer. *note - when I see 'believer' I am referring to a believer of God.

I have my own views on things. But I find I'm more interested in what people believe in, why - and what they have to say. The way people think fascinate me. And yes, sometimes I feel like people's views are utterly ridiculous, but other times, someone will say something that completely blows me away. And it is then that I appreciate the fact that I read so much and listen to people. Without the words that I have heard, I would not be who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment