Friday, May 6, 2011

Relationships

We are born into our families. We are loved unconditionally by them, whatever relationship we might have. The relationships we have with our family have the ability to be absolutely beautiful. But they are hard to maintain. We have no choice in which family we are born in to, but we at least we are loved.

Friendship is a relationship we form with people who we love. Great friendships are a beautiful thing. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that we get born in to our families, but with friendship, you have some sort of choice. I think friendships are absolutely amazing and to find a true friend in life is very, very lucky.

I am lucky enough to have both an amazing family and beautiful friendships. Relationships give us strength and courage and let us feel loved. There are so many people in the world who don't have what I have, and for that I am truly sorry, but having the relationships that I do gives me the courage and power and try and help those less fortunate.

I have a best friend. She knows who she is. We have come to a point in our friendship where we just understand everything about each other. We know when we're feeling emotional (whether it be happy, sad, grumpy, etc.), and we can sense when we don't feel like doing anything at all. We hold mostly the same views on subjects and like to voice our opinions to each other. We help each other all the time. Best of all, we know how to have fun in a good and healthy way.

1 comment:

  1. We are loved unconditionally by our family, but not everyone has this joy. I think the biggest surprise for me when I moved away was to find so many people who had suffered abuse at the hands of their family. I mean true emotional, psychological, physical or sexual abuse. Some people have fought through this, and forged a character that is inspiring. Some not so.

    It makes me appreciate the childhood I had all the more. I knew I could always return here, and be loved. I also held my friends as family in Newie - you make people your own and family don't stop at blood! (Bobby from Supernatural lol.)

    We so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete