Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Diary

Did you ever write in a diary when you were little? Did you promise yourself you would write in it every night, and then a week later forget about it completely? I did, and I'm sure lots of you did too.

On the 2nd of June 2010, I bought myself a new diary and started writing in it. When I was a little kid, I didn't have all these thoughts in my head and 'problems' in my life, so writing about me got a little boring! But last year I had lots of things to get off my chest, and writing in my diary became my new release.

Unlike when I was little, I've actually kept at writing in my diary this time. I stopped writing in my diary last year on the 30th of December and bought a new 2011 diary to write in this year. I now write every night, with about a third of a page of writing - depending on my mood and what happened that day! As I have pretty much written in it every day this year, I now go back each night to exactly a week before to see where I was at then and how much has happened over the week. Sometimes I even go back to exactly a month before and see how I was that day.

Last night I read the whole of my 2010 diary - and boy, did I surprise myself! It got a hard beating from when stabbed and ripped it apart one night last July. But it represents me and who I was back then. The way I write in my diary now is rather different - and I now put a sticker and the end of each entry, to reward myself for writing :)

I know writing isn't for everybody, but writing in my diary has really helped me release some thoughts and organise my life. I have learnt to be completely honest with myself when writing in my diary. Lying to myself may feel easier, but it would not be beneficial. It's become a part of my life that hopefully will not end, as when I look back, I feel truly grateful to myself that I have written everything I have.

Side note: I write about both good and bad in my diary as I like to remember both when looking back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment