Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sea Change?

I've always told myself and others that after school I'm going to move out of Tasmania. Although, I've never actually thought about where I would move to, and why I would move there. I've always wanted to move to Melbourne - for the shopping and city life. I don't think they are good reasons anymore, plus it would be costly. I've also gone through a phase of wanting to move to Adelaide, but that was only because that was where the university I liked the sound of was there, but I don't want to do that anymore.

So what now? Fall inlove with another Australian city? Think about moving overseas? Or stay in Tasmania?

Tasmania is beautiful.
Tasmania is comfortable.
Tasmania is relevatively cheap.

I have friends in Tasmania.
I have family in Tasmania.
I have memories in Tasmania.

Do I move somewhere else to make new friends and memories? Or do I stay in my comfort zone, with my family and friends.

I don't know what to do. I can see myself doing either. I feel like though, if I stay in Tasmania, I will be left asking myself "what if...?"

1 comment:

  1. You really need something to move away for - a goal, something that entices you. Sometimes it's just nice to travel to find it :)

    It's a very hard life away from your supports. You have to be prepared to be dirt poor for a while, but finding something worthwhile to work for really gives a sense of achievement.

    You need to let the universe give you direction from where you are, if you just hop into a new place and start searching you could be looking for an awful long time.

    ReplyDelete