Saturday, December 11, 2010

Priviledged

I have realised today that I am very lucky to be a babysitter. Of course I have spent so many nights bored and stressed whilst babysitting, but really I am really very blessed. Being part of someone's life is a beautiful thing. There is one girl that I have babysat for over a year now, since she was 9 monthes old. I babysit her very often, and over time I have seen her change and develop. We have gone through our rough patches as she has gone through many periods of changes. But whether it being the first time she crawled, the first time she walked and the first time she talked. I have been there close to the time that all these things have happened.

Today something remarkable happened. She said my name! She walked up to me, looked up and said "Nikki". I was so honoured! She has a limited vocabulary and for her to know who I am and be able to say my name was so touching. I have spent countless hours with her and she has made me so happy. Today, she made my day.

She is such a gorgeous girl and she is now a very proud big sister :) I can't wait to get to know her little sister soon too!

Duck of my life,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment